Our team consists of around 50 passionate individuals who share the same goal - moving the insurance industry's boundaries.
Our vision and hard work led us to the 5M USD investment from Investors such as Speed Invest, Lead Ventures, SGH Capital and Bee Next. Our clients are on five continents and 30 different countries.
One of our primary goals is to help insurers get the most value from the behavioral data acquired through our innovative telematics technology.
We are a company with the tech behind the unique LaqoPrevent and Smart kasko program. The LaqoPrevent program is part of Croatia's LAQO insurance offer, the first fully digital insurance solution in southern Europe and Smart kasko program iz part of Uniqa Croatia’s offer, the first innovative Pay per mile solution in EU.
A Data Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining and testing data infrastructures; as well as for the building and maintaining processes of filtering, cleaning and preparing data for analytics purposes.
ALL ABOUT THE ROLE
- Maintaining, filtering and “cleaning” raw data by analyzing samples of data, and indicators to locate and correct data and code problems
- Building data systems and pipelines
- Preparing and maintaining data infrastructure in line with the requirements of the product and data analytics projects
- Combining raw data from different sources
- Proactively defining data storage, data management and data quality improvements
- Collaborating with software development teams to improve data-related efficiency of the Amodo solution in general.
THE TOOLS YOU WILL USE
- Machine Learning Toolkits/Libraries (for example, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, tidyverse, caret, Tensorflow, and similar)
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: computer science, IT, or a similar relevant field. Masters is a plus
- Previous experience as a data engineer and data scientist
- Numerical and analytical skills (experience with data mining or ML techniques is a plus)
- Ability to write robust code in Python and Java
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Knowledge of relevant data infrastructure and tools for the functioning of the big data environment
- Data engineering certificates is a plus.
ALL THE BETTER IF YOU
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with telematics and sensor data.
Fill out the form to apply
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Education budget - for education courses, conferences and programs
- Being a part of a growing company in a strongly developing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path you want to carve
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home option
- Challenging projects in a dynamic, collaborative team
- Full time job
- 100% paid sick leave