Junior/Middle Data Scientist
Our team consists of around 50 passionate individuals who share the same goal - moving the insurance industry's boundaries.
Our vision and hard work led us to the 5M USD investment from Investors such as Speed Invest, Lead Ventures, SGH Capital and Bee Next. Our clients are on five continents and 30 different countries.
One of our primary goals is to help insurers get the most value from the behavioral data acquired through our innovative telematics technology. We are a company with tech behind unique LaqoPrevent program. The LaqoPrevent program is part of Croatia's LAQO insurance offer, the first fully digital insurance solution in southern Europe.
Our data scientists support insurers in developing risk and pricing models out of sensor data and help them understand user behavior to predict risk, churn, and insurance product needs.
ALL ABOUT THE ROLE
- Research and application of appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Developing a model for machine learning according to requirements
- Statistical analysis and model tuning using analysis results
- Performing tests and experiments of machine learning
- Implementation of developed ML algorithms into the existing system
- Design and development of machine learning and deep learning systems
THE TOOLS WE WILL USE
- Machine Learning Toolkits/Libraries (for example, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, tidyverse, caret, Tensorflow, and similar)
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH
- Diploma or Master's degree in one of the following fields: computer science, statistics, mathematics, or a similar field. Formal education in statistics is an advantage.
- Proven experience as a machine learning engineer and data scientist
- Extensive knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, and ML / deep learning algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python, Java, and R
- Understanding data structures, data modeling, and software architecture
- Knowledge of relevant infrastructure and tools for the functioning of the big data environment
ALL THE BETTER IF YOU
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand customer and market requirements and link these requirements to the development of appropriate ML algorithms
- Experience with telematics and sensor data
Fill out the form to apply
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Education budget - for education courses, conferences and programs
- Being a part of a growing company in a strongly developing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path you want to carve.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home option
- Challenging projects in a dynamic, collaborative team
- Full time job
- 100% paid sick leave