Senior Android Engineer
Our team consists of around 50 passionate individuals who share the same goal - moving the insurance industry's boundaries. Our vision and hard work led us to the 5M USD investment from Investors such as Speed Invest, Lead Ventures, SGH Capital and Bee Next.
Our clients are on five continents and 30 different countries. One of our primary goals is to help insurers get the most value from the behavioral data acquired through our innovative telematics technology.
We are a company with the tech behind the unique LaqoPrevent program. The LaqoPrevent program is part of Croatia's LAQO insurance offer, the first fully digital insurance solution in southern Europe.
As an Android Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and/or maintaining Android mobile applications and related components. The primary responsibility of this role is to maintain native SDK components that are used to collect sensor data and communicate with backend APIs that will be used to develop apps in various frameworks.
Since Amodo mobile apps are developed in Flutter, the Android Engineer should have a desire to learn and/or have a basic understanding of cross-platform programming utilizing the Flutter framework.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Mobile Development responsibilities
- Develop and upgrade Amodo SDKs, as well as contribute to the creation of demo applications that demonstrate how to use the SDK and what can be done with it
- Design and develop mobile application interface and business logic
- Develop unit tests
- Gather and address technical and design requirements by working closely with the responsible stakeholder
- Test and quality-check the developed application and SDKs in line with the quality level standard to minimize rework time
- Improve apps in the development and testing phase to minimize bugs and client problem reporting
- Deliver the needed work within the agreed scope and time
- Adhere and contribute to the development of effective software engineering practices.
Application Support responsibilities
- Support Solution Product Team in all matters regarding technical support for the clients
- Participate in providing support to developers integrating Amodo SDKs
- Provide support in both pilot and live phase within the agreed time and scope
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Recommend changes and improve application and app functionalities in line with customer requirements and to enhance existing mobile applications.
Administrative and personal development responsibilities
- Proactively communicate with other team members and project stakeholders
- Generate tasks for development in project tool (Teamwork) and tracking status in line with internal process
- Follow the most recent mobile development industry standards and improve skills in accordance with client and market demands.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- At least 2 years of work experience in Android development
- At least BSc in computer science, software engineering, or relevant field
- Proficient in Kotlin and Java
- Experience in developing and maintaining custom frameworks
- Experience using Instruments
- Experience with maven (publishing, maintaining, .versioning)
- Strong understanding of software design patterns
- Strong understanding of Location API, REST, NoSQL, Unit testing
- Experience with optimizations for various manufacturers (Huawei, Xiaomi...)
- Familiar with Gitflow
- Familiar with unit testing
- Experienced evaluation and working with different toolkists, framworks and architectures
- Customer-oriented approach to app development and problem-resolving
- Ability to comprened the full scope of a mobile development project
- High proficiency in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving attitude
- Are interested in following the latest trends in mobile development
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Fill out the form to apply
AN ADDITIONAL PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience or willing to learn Flutter and/or Kotlin Multiplatform
- Have experience developing an SDK.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Education budget - for education courses, conferences, and programs
- Being a part of a growing company in a strongly developing industry – we challenge you not to grow! Whether horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path you want to carve
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home option
- Challenging projects in a dynamic, collaborative team
- Full-time job
- 100% paid sick leave
- Additional health insurance
- Additional vacation day for each year in company
- Participation in voluntary pension funds