Senior Data Scientist
Are you a data scientist who can assist stakeholders on a global scale? Then this is the position for you!
Our team consists of around 50 passionate individuals who share the same goal - moving the insurance industry's boundaries. Our vision and hard work led us to the 5M USD investment from Investors such as Speed Invest, Lead Ventures, SGH Capital and Bee Next.
Our clients are on five continents and 30 different countries. One of our primary goals is to help insurers get the most value from the behavioral data acquired through our innovative telematics technology.
We are a company with the tech behind the unique LaqoPrevent program. The LaqoPrevent program is part of Croatia's LAQO insurance offer, the first fully digital insurance solution in southern Europe.
Our data scientists support insurers in developing risk and pricing models out of sensor data and help them understand user behavior to predict risk, churn, and insurance product needs.
All About The Role
- Lead and grow a team of data scientists
- Scope, prioritize, and lead the execution of data science projects
- Work closely with fellow IT professionals (quality team, developers, and product leads)
- Provide technical and thought leadership to the team
- Achieve company and operational goals through implementing ML projects and initiatives in line with the client needs and company strategy
We're looking for someone with
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher with relevant experience. Master’s or Ph.D. preferred in Mathematics, Computer Science, Econometrics, or related quantitative areas.
- A strong foundational understanding of statistical modeling and machine learning
- Strong foundation in data structures, and SQL
- Highly proficient in Java, C++, or other equivalent languages
- Strong programming skills with experience using modern packages in R and Python
- Machine Learning Toolkits/Libraries (for example, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, tidyverse, caret, Tensorflow, and similar)
- Experience in working with unstructured data and in cleaning and manipulating data
- 3+ years of experience (less is also possible, but 3+ is preferred) in applying advanced quantitative methods and implementation of ML/deep learning algorithms into a production environment
- Experience with large-scale analytics on AWS platforms
All the Better If You Have
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand customer and market requirements and link these requirements to the development of appropriate ML algorithms
- Ability to transfer and communicate gained domain knowledge to colleagues and company clients
- Experience with telematics and sensor data
Fill out the form to apply
What's in it for you?
- Education budget - for education courses, conferences, and programs
- Being a part of a growing company in a strongly developing industry
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home option
- Challenging projects in a dynamic, collaborative team
- Full-time job
- 100% paid sick leave